Yes, it has been quite awhile since I posted, blogged or just connected with the world wide web and its followers. Easily enough said, I have been busy…but since that is the lamest excuse in the book, I will say that I have been exploring my new land, learning the culture and customs of the people and have been keeping myself immersed completely in order to more quickly become like the natives (let’s face it, I will always be a Midwest girl – just more of an emphasis on the West – MidWEST).
Anywho…I haven’t done too much more shopping since my last blog, but finally got my now-favorite jean skirts and way them as often as possible (mostly just the weekend and with leggings). Also, I got a pair of cowgirl boots and just need a pair of tall boots in order to fit in completely, although I am getting a lot of traction out of my military boots.
In lieu of having to create a budget and realizing I have no money and I shouldn’t eat out or get coffee all the time because I have no money, I have started cooking. Mostly a lot of baking for dinners that I am a part of and choose to bring a dessert-ish item, but lately I have discovered making large meals and having leftovers for the week, which makes lunch for the week. This is a HUGE accomplishment, since I don’t cook and I don’t like leftovers.
So, what have I been making? Enchiladas!!! Black bean, corn, cheese (did I say the cheese sucks here and may stop eating cheese in protest) and corn tortillas (flour is ok, but corn is better. OK, stop drooling on your computer screen, it’s not only disgusting, but it will kill your computer.
What came next?? Well, more enchiladas, but than I got braver and made my first slow-cooker beef stew. Sweet potatoes, apples, onions, garlic, paprika, ginger, beef broth and, of course, BEEF.
So, now I am planning my next week-long meal…
No comments:
Post a Comment