I have now been living in Portland for two days (more or less). Has it become anymore real? Absolutely not. I am hoping the interviews and prospective job offers will bring reality crashing down. Right now it still feels like I am a tourist, stumbling my way through the city and trying to not break too many traffic laws or make too many people mad.
So far, I have seen Multnomah Falls, walked around the neighbor, found a grocery store - but heard there are better ones around, gone to Target and driven to different parts of town via Interstates, highways and bridges. So, one would think that my new reality would be settling right in, but alas, the slightly disconnected, jaw dropped in awe feeling persist.
I also have made friends with the two cats in the house - they like my room more than they like me, but I am working on it. I may need to buy some catnip, tuna or fruit snacks to entice them into my favor (yes - some cats like fruit snacks, or at least my cat did growing up).
One advantage of applying for After School programs - I will only have to dress up for the interview, after that its back to jeans and hooded sweatshirts.
Now to continue the work of applying for and interviewing for jobs...more applications to fill out and offices to call. Hopefully my luck will continue and I will find my way around the city...
No comments:
Post a Comment